CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Long Update

Hey everyone. It has been a while since my last post. Things with us have been a tad stressful. Lots of changes.

The boys are doing great! Carter is having some complications from the surgery he had in March. He was doing OK until about a month ago. He complained every time we changed his diaper that it hurt. So we made an apt with his urologist. Not to mention that he has stopped potty training because he has a very severe bend that makes him pee all over his leg - poor kid! I wouldn't want to go either! So that was another reason he needed to be seen. Then things started to become extremely painful when he would sleep - he couldn't have any pressure on his front at all - not even a diaper. We had to put him on narcotic pain medication because we couldn't control the pain. He has even had an incident where he woke up in extreme pain because it was preventing him from peeing. He was very swollen. The medication and a warm shower got him to relax enough that he was able to go to the bathroom - and boy did he ever! ALL OVER THE HOUSE!!! That was a bad morning! He felt so bad about peeing on the carpet and couch that he would yell" oh no! oh no! Mommy help!" and just cry. Made my heart break. His visit with the doc yielded some bad news. He has a massive infection in the tissue and they found a large lump in his groin and a lot of scar tissue. We are unsure what the lump is - we are hoping that is infection. He actually has puss that has come to the surface and created a sore for it to ooze out of the skin. He has been on strong antibiotics for 2 weeks now and the sore is still oozing and bleeding. :( Still having problems. We go back on sept. 15 for another check. Once the infection is gone we can start dealing with the lump and the bending. He will most likely have to have surgery again. One step at a time. I just hate my baby being in pain.
On a brighter note - they are doing amazingly well with their sign language. It truly is a second language for them. They know the signs for everything they speak. It is so awesome. Since I am home with them now I am trying to be as effective with my time with them as I can. I frequent a teacher supply store to ensure I have the best tools to educate them in a fun way.

Rob is working hard as usual. He has been looking for a second job and has been offered a position as an alternate at Genesis Youth Center - kiddie jail. It will be graveyards so the kids will be sleeping which makes his job easy. He hasn't started yet and once he does it will take a month before he gets his first paycheck - which sucks! So the sooner the better.

I have been going to a Pain Clinic for the past month to try and get control of my body. You'd think it'd be easy but it's a struggle. CONSTANTLY. I am just very lucky to be surrounded by such amazing people.
I am also heading a "donation drive" for Primary Children's. We will do the donation right before Christmas but I am trying to get things going now. So I am excited for that.

This is very long so I'll stop :)

1 comments:

Todd and Lisa said...

Poor little Carter!!! That is so sad (and painful!) I hope things get cleared up soon. We'll be thinking about him for sure. I'm glad the boys are doing so well with the sign language---good job! I lasted about a week when I tried to teach Audrey how to sign. I kept forgetting all the signs! Good luck with everything---you sure have your hands full. I hope you get some relief from your pain soon!